Friday, October 21, 2011


An email from: Elvia.Rivas@omsd.k12.ca.us

Alright then. This is another spammer with little or no education. I must say from a professional such as he obviously at the top of his trade, it is not well written enough to entice me into believing it's not a scam. Please read and then I'll analyze. Poor grammar in yellow once again.



REF: NO: 2177/005/FR
SERIAL NO: FR300-3817131
{EURO MILLIONS}
YOUR EMAIL ID HAS WON (€ 550,000.00) in the first category of our
Email Ballot Sweepstakes Promotion. Contact: +336-635-30593
To claim your winning,Send the following to the claim department:Full
names,Address,Age,Occupation,Phone/Moblie numbers,Ref No, Serial No
All Respones Via Email: agentdraw11@yahoo.com.hk

Such a short email really, not requiring much thought whatsoever, but he still manages to screw it up. Not only do I have a unique winning email address, but someone has delightfully attached a complex serial number to ensure it's still unique, and cannot be for any reason duplicated. This one came in from a USA email address, but looks like the agents email is actually in Hong Kong. Neither one of us resides in Europe so just getting these Euros exchanged and delivered to my bank account, I know is going to be a problem. Another downside is I didn't even win a so called "EURO MILLION", still I know for sure when I check my emails tomorrow I probably will have.

Marks out of 10 for trying: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment